Tuesday 1 March 2011

Coming, coming, one minute...

Well... it has been a while... Yes I have been busy, but no more than any full time mum of a toddler and a newborn, the newborn is not even one any more, she turned 4 months a few days ago! No... she doesn't sleep through the night and no thanks I do not intend to let her cry it out... I had times when that really stressed me out, Jeanne was the perfect baby sleeping through the night after less than 3 months and sleeping all day, but then that all stopped when she started teething and by the age of 1 she was only taking one nap and dropped that one when she turned 2. In a bid to make me feel better I had a look at all those books that are supposed to save your life in such cases. Well, the Baby Whisperer is now used to wedge Luce's mattress when she has the sniffles and I still have to really implement the advices of the No Cry Sleep Solutions in which at least you do not find any "your baby has to... ", " you must...", "it's all your fault, you idiotic mother...". Funny how some issues can seem like the end of the world one minute and totally ok the next! It's bond to get better as I do not know of any 10 years old not sleeping through the night...

So appart from dreaming of unbroken sleep and feeling like I already broke my new toy, what I have been up to? I did quite a bit before Christmas as I had decided to make a few of my presents myself. Clever, clever idea... especially when leaving it to the last minute... You won't get to see the shawl I crocheted for my mum as I of course forgot to take a picture of it, but you will get a pip at the PRINCESS DRESS! Yep everything has to be princessy around here, the pinker and sparklier the better! So I could have saw her a really tasteful little number but it was her present after all so decided for the opposite!



Here she is being her silly self with her knight.

Since then? not too sure really...

The to-do list? Haven't ticked anything on it for ages, well at least now I can tick "update blog"!




No comments:

Post a Comment