Tuesday 27 July 2010

Addictions, addictions...


Here is a sneak peak at what I have been working on for the last 2 weeks : a baby blanket for my future nephew or niece, nephew according to his mum who insists he has been flashing its male attributes during her last two scans... We do not know if we will have a boy or a girl, nothing flashing at me during scans, I usually struggle understanding what's the head and what's the feet, let alone spotting anything more detailed! Anyway, mothers know best so I used mainly blues and greens, but added a few purples just in case it would be a fascetious little girl after all. Only a few more rows to go and I'll be able to reveal it!

I had forgotten how addictive those blankets can get. Mind you I easily get addicted... TV series, games ( I have been known to delete all the games on my computer just so I would stop playing them... No need to say that internet is an issue and Facebook a constant temptation...), yarn and fabric stashing, Japanese craft books and craft books in general, are among the many addictions I've developped over the years. At least crocheting blankets is a pretty industrious and rewarding one! And it just becomes perfect when I can combine it with watching the said TV series while doing it, but it will leave me a bit worst for wear as I will always have to crochet one more row, and then another before I finally go to bed...

When this one is finished? Well I guess I will have to start one for our baby! But what I would really love to make would be a big one for myself in that luscious baby cashmerino yarn, it would cost a fortune and take many, many hours, so it will be my reward when all my not quite finished projects are sorted... which could... well... take forever...

The to-do list? 58 tasks to go.. And I didn't start with the most dreadful ones...

No comments:

Post a Comment