Friday 24 September 2010

Where have you been?!

I know, it has been over a month... Well I have been busy with Jeanne's christening, sewing her a dress, sewing matching little bags for the dragees and then I got REALLY tired and stayed in bed for two days, and never really recovered...



And yes, this is the best picture I have of that dress, isn't it bad? For me, yaking pictures is the biggest challenge in having a blog, I am just useless... Well, anyway it was pretty enough for her cousin to tell her she was a princess, which obviously is the nicest compliment you can pay Jeanne at the moment! It was a lovely day on the Ile the Batz, one of my favourite place in the world, surrounded by friends and family.

We are now back in London where a giant courgette awaited us...


It weights over 3 kgs! I already made 2 zucchini pineapple breads with it, thanks to my friend Barb's recipe and intend to make so more for Jeanne's birthday party on Sunday.

Here is the recipe :

- 3 eggs

- 2 cups shredded zucchini

- 3 cups flour

- 1 tea spoon cinnamon

- 1 teaspoon baking powder

- 1 teaspoon soda

- 1 cup sugar

- 1 cup oil

- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

- 1 6oz shredded pineapple tin

Just mix everything together, put in a greased and floured bread pan and cook at 180 celsius until browned, I would say an hour.

I think next time I might add the zest of one orange to give it more zing.

Jeanne turned 3 on the day we were back and had some ... Christmas cake to celebrate... It is what happens when you don't have neither the time nor the energy to bake one and that you send your husband to buy one... Well as long as there is a candle on top it is a birthday cake isn't it? She didn't seem to mind...

And we will try to do better for the party. I am supposed to make a butterfly shaped one covered in lots of pink and sparkles... The itch being that even though I am only due in a month time I was told yesterday that the baby had started coming down and could arrive anytime now... So fingers crossed I make it to the party! And if so I'll try to take pictures...

But the big even was that being 3 years old she started nursery 3 hours a day!


I always said I didn't like uniform but I have to confess that she is awfully cute, if I say so myself... She really likes it so far and I enjoy every minute of it!

Waited for me on the fridge was also the To Do List... We are down to 43 items... Progress might come to an halt any minute though...

No comments:

Post a Comment