Tuesday 19 October 2010

Weaving in loose ends

Well, still no baby... You wonder why I worried so much about not making it to 37 weeks! I was convinced that baby would be born in septembre, and here we are nearly 3 weeks later...
The plus side is that I have been able to finish off a few projects that were in danger of joining so many others in my , big, box of unfinished items...

First I finished the crochet blanket, and I quite like it, not very baby like maybe...


It is made of extra fine merino and is nice and soft... I crocheted the squares quite quickly as they are highly addictive! But I really had to kick myself to sew them together... I had promised myself that my next granny squares blanket would use squares that can be joined as you go... And then I guess I changed my mind... So after nearly a week of sewing and weaving in loose ends here it is!
It then sat on my hospital suitcase for over a week, as the blanket to take the baby home in. That was until I finished this baby nest, angel nest in french, that I had actually started before Jeanne was born 3 years ago... So finishing it is twice as satisfying!



And once that baby is brought back homesafe and sound, she will even have a little sleeping bag to sleep in, hopefully for hours at a time!


The quilt is also nearly finished, just have to sew in the binding.
Well I guess this post will just be about showing off as my brain is shrinking in proportion with my belly getting bigger... and I therefore cannot think of anything clever to say... Hey, maybe next time!
The to do list? Updated it tonight and I still have 42 items on it, but it did climb up to around sixty last week as I added all of my Christmas shopping... The biggies are still all there, blinds, curtains and other tax returns...

No comments:

Post a Comment